Didi Hirsch is proud to present a concert featuring two dedicated advocates: our 2019 Mental Health Ambassador Alex Boyé and 13-year-old singer/songwriter/actress Alex Freeman.
The free, half-hour concert is part of Didi Hirsch’s #ErasingTheStigma Campaign, which extends through May, Mental Health Awareness Month, to raise awareness and funds for our mental health, substance use and suicide prevention services.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services launched the Erasing the Stigma Campaign on April 23 to raise funds and awareness for its mental health, substance use and suicide prevention services.
Extending through the end of May, which is Mental Health Awareness Month, the campaign includes several online activities including our online Erasing the Stigma Awards Show, our social media STIGMA handwashing challenge, videos from Frontline staff, and some upcoming live events on Facebook and Instagram.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, Didi Hirsch has continued to make services accessible via telemedicine and teletherapy. We also have on-site services at our three community-based clinics and all of our residential treatment centers. In addition, we have kept our Suicide Prevention Center open and continue to operate our 24/7 Suicide Crisis Line and Disaster Distress Helpline.
Thanks to the generosity of many of our supporters, we have raised about 75% of our $650,000 goal. Please make a gift to our campaign today and join us in #ErasingTheStigma and #StoppingTheSpread!
Please join our Campaign to help us meet our goal by May 31.
THREE WAYS YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW
- Watch our Mental Health Heroes receive their awards
- PEOPLE and its Editor-in-Chief Dan Wakeford receive the Beatrice Stern Media Award from Didi Hirsch Board member Melissa Rivers.
- Talinda Bennington, suicide prevention advocate, receives the Erasing the Stigma Mental Health Ambassador Award from World Health Organization Director Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- Christine Devine, Emmy award-winning Fox 11 news anchor, receives the Erasing the Stigma Leadership Award from CBS2 anchor Pat Harvey.
Click here to read Melissa Rivers’ “Why I Care” column in the May 4th issue of PEOPLE magazine.
- Be a star, join our STIGMA handwashing challenge
- With removable ink / make-up, write the word “STIGMA” on your hand.
- Video yourself. Show your hands with “STIGMA” to the camera.
- Wash your hands, scrubbing STIGMA away. Make it fun. Include your kids.
- Show your clean hands to the camera.
- Share this graphic, tag four friends, use #ErasingtheStigma / #StoppingTheSpread.
Do This for Mental Health. #ErasingTheStigma #StoppingTheSpread
- Make a gift to the campaign
We are grateful to all of the caring donors who have already supported the campaign. You can also make a difference by joining the campaign today.
Thank you – your investment will transform and